Monday, July 9, 2007

The First Day...

While squinting at 8:30 in the morning under the flourescent lighting in sverdrup 205, I realize that I'm thankful there is no clock in this room. I do not want to be able to track how slow the time is passing. I haven't been up before noon in a month or maybe more. That said, the 7am alarm is worse than the all my hangovers freshmen year. One thing is for sure, with two summer classes both starting at 8:30 in the am, it's going to be a long six weeks.
The class I'm in this morning is English 227: Journalism. My recent decision to tack on an English minor to my current Theater studies requires me to tear myself away from my pillow and remote control to become a mentor for a local somali youth (part of the Augsburg Experience requirement for graduation). Other tasks include: a transforming story (like how long it takes to transform myself into a human being when I have to get up so early), an interview (most likely featuring how my classmate enjoys camping or how their favorite food is Thai), and staying awake for two films about the news.
Considering how easy it is for me to write this off the top of my head without having comsumed a real meal yet, I figure I'll probably be able to handle it. But I'll have to kiss my days of no alarm clocks good-bye. At least for a while.

No comments: